Germany’s capital Berlin has a turbulent past, a frivolous prestige and an international charm. The city is one of Europe’s most interesting places to visit – it is a hub for digital marketers, digital entrepreneurs and start-ups from all over the world.
This is not your typical “digital nomad guide to Berlin,” talking about where to stay and how much to spend. It is a list of events, places and communities that entrepreneurs, marketers and digital nomads may find inspiring.
Berlin is everything: Fucked up and weird. Sexy and proud. Young and innovative. Quirky and bizarre. Famous for culture, museums, techno and thriving not-so-underground-anymore subcultures.
Dive in and find a community of like-minded people with whatever crazy (business) passion you might have.
Berlin: Places to work from
The 21st century has a growing workforce of location-independent entrepreneurs and workers. We like working from shared offices, coworking spaces and cafes.
Here are my two favorite coworking spaces to work from in Berlin:
- Factory Berlin – in Mitte and Görlitzer Park. Their new location at Görli offers a gigantic stylish building, a lot of space and a business community with tons of events every week.
- Betahaus Berlin – The classic coworking space in Berlin, now with a new location but with the same ever-charming community and events.
But Coworker finds more than 80 coworking spaces, including several wework locations that should satisfy your needs for a desk.
Notable mentions go to Oberholz, a cafe that has long hosted a Macbook army in Berlin-Mitte, as well as Baumhaus, a project that focuses on sustainability and offers space rentals and, of course, ImpactHUB, offering room rentals and event spaces.
Worthwhile to explore are:
Entrepreneurship, leadership and marketing conferences in Berlin
There are plenty of meetups, gatherings and community events every single day. And there are even more international events, concerts and conferences.
- Tech Open Air TOA: A conference on tech, business, innovation, lifestyle and everything in between, with events and networking opportunities all over Berlin for an entire week.
- Heureka conference: For founders and startups.
- Entrepreneurship Summit: Founded by our very own German “Tim Ferris” Günter Faltin.
- NOAH conference: On leadership.
- hub.berlin: On technology and innovation.
- The massive blogger and influencer conference to take note of is re:publica. This one has been on my bucket list for years.
- Berlin Fashion Week: On… well, fashion.
- Startup Night: Get to know the new and fresh companies of Berlin.
- DNX Berlin: German event for aspiring digital nomads.
- SMX Advanced: An international conference on search marketing
A lot of events can also be found in the startup calendar.
Co-created communities in Berlin
What I love about this city is the variety of communities. Here is a selection of them:
- Activating collective leadership: Leadership³
- Exploring a sustainable lifestyle: Greenme Berlin
- A networking event for inspiration
- Exploring impact of businesses: Phineo
- Kiez Burn community
- Fusion Festival
- Betabreakfast: Every Thursday at 9.30am
- SOHO house: Berlin Mitte (for members)
- Weekly meetup for digital nomads
- Solopreneur meetup for Berlin
- Facebook group for Berlin Startup Events